Setup Error! -f

You have trouble using InstallForge? Then this is the right place for you.
ComputerWiz

Hi

I can`t get the program to install on my Windows10 pc I keep getting a Setup Error! -f everytime I run the setup file can someone help cheers.
Soner

Hello,
this error occurs when your InstallForge setup is not able to extract the setup-configuration files into the temporary path of your Windows operating system. Please would you run cmd.exe (WIN + R -> type cmd.exe and hit return) and type:

Code: Select all

echo %TEMP%
What does the command-line interpreter output?
Best regards,
Soner Boztas, M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering

Add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/soner-boztas-engineer
Obelixzh

I have the same problem. When I try to install InstallForge on my Win10 Pro 64bit OS I get a Setup Error! -f. I have run "echo %TEMP%" and the output is c:\users\myusername\Appdata\Local\Temp.
Soner

Hello,
please would you provide me the MD5 checksum of your local copy of the InstallForge setup?
Best regards,

draterami

I have a user reporting the same issue. Does the installer need admin privileges?
draterami

The checksum is 2D54C06AEC2D308F3E60EEAFFE80955C.
Soner

Hello,
the checksum you posted does not match with the original one. It seems that your setup file is corrupted. Are you using any antivirus software?
Best regards,

prashanthdixon

I am also getting the same error. I thought antivirus interrupting download thats y i disabled antivirus and downloaded many times but no luck, but extracting installation exe file really worked for me. if u are getting setup error then just extract the downloaded exe file with winrar,7zip or any other software. after extraction just run InstallForge.exe :P :P :P :P
bartoszczu

I have been having problem's with my computer today so i created a new account on my laptop and got all the data from the other account on to my current one, now I have just finished making my software so i got the files and I made the installer with installforge everything worked fine however after I built the installer I ran it, worked perfectly until a error showed up on extracting the files please help!
setuperror.PNG
Im not sure what the problem could be however I think it's my computer's fault as it always worked for me until now.
Chippen.A

but it always set a blank icon. How to resolve the isue? There procedure to set icon is not mentioned in the Documentation

help me to :D