Command before File copy

You have trouble using InstallForge? Then this is the right place for you.
jalu

I played around with InstallForge today for the first time. Closest I could get to an installer doing what I want to do.

Basically everything works perfect, except I need to find out is there a way that a Service can be stopped before files are being copied. So basically the command must execute first.

If the service is stopped everything works fine. Files get copied over and then one of the newly copied .exe files gets executed.

Now if the service is running some of the files that need to be replaced are in use and it can't be copied over.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
chapster

Jalu,
I see that this post was way back in June. Have you ever heard from anyone or found the answer? (I can see that no one has replied here) I am curious about the same capability. I can't tell from the documentation if the commands run before the installation or after or if you have any choice in the matter. Any info for me?

Thanks
bkores

chapster wrote:Jalu,
I see that this post was way back in June. Have you ever heard from anyone or found the answer? (I can see that no one has replied here) I am curious about the same capability. I can't tell from the documentation if the commands run before the installation or after or if you have any choice in the matter. Any info for me?

Thanks
The commands run after the installation. I have tested this.