could not create setup/add configuration archive

You have trouble using InstallForge? Then this is the right place for you.
Soner

Hello,

this issue happens due to the rcedit tool from the GitHub developers which InstallForge is using to update the setup executable resources (version information, icon, manifest). We are looking for a solution.

Any further report is much appreciated.
Best regards,
Soner Boztas, M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering

Add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/soner-boztas-engineer
harishsg99

Hey I am also getting same error , did you found or have any workaround for this issue
LuisManrique

I´m having the same problem in version 1.4.2.21 !! Need a help if someone understood what is the problem....Anyone to give me a help?
Blitzburgh

So since it has been 3 years since this post was addressed I can reasonably assume that InstallForge is no longer supported?

I have the exact same problem - identical. Compat mode 8, no go. Different compressions, no go. Weak, normal, max - no go.

It looks like this is the dead end problem with IF.

Would have gladly offered a payment for an easy to use installer....
Blitzburgh

I just realized the last rev. on this program was 3 years ago as well as I too have 14.2.21
Soner

Hello Blitzburgh,

indeed, InstallForge is still supported even though the release frequency has decreased. I will take a detailed look at the problem.
Best regards,
Soner Boztas, M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering

Add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/soner-boztas-engineer
RickA

I had the same error, and mine was caused by something the IF devs can fix easily.

I got such cryptic "ERROR: ..." who knows why. So I reviewed the choices I made in all pages and nothing... until added the following to the name of my Setup File: ".exe" (it was just "helloworldInstall"). So, once it became "helloworldInstall.exe" the error has gone. The next step was finding where the installer has put it :lol: . I was expecting it to ask me where I wanted to save it, but I've found it just saved it near the InstallForge app.

So a quick fix for such problem would be the installer not accepting files without "\" (needs some path chosen) and without ".exe" at the end.