[SOLVED] Setup error -f

Here you will find some useful tutorials and resources for InstallForge created by community members.
Lee Johnson

Hello there,

I have been using installforge for my application and some users have been reporting this error when they try to run the installer.

I have checked the MD5 hash of the setup file on the users that are effected and the hashes match so it doesn't look like the installer has been corrupted by any anti virus software.

Also to note the installer is working fine on the majority of our users however 4 or 5 users are having this issue.

Would greatly appreciate any help on this problem.
Soner

Hello,
which version of InstallForge did you use for creating the setup package?

Regards
Soner
Best regards,
Soner Boztas, M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering

Add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/soner-boztas-engineer
Lee Johnson

Soner wrote:Hello,
which version of InstallForge did you use for creating the setup package?

Regards
Soner
Hi, I didn't get a response for a while so I forgot to check to see if anyone replied, but I was reminded when another client had the same issue today. Setup Error -f

I'm running version 1.3 and have used the check for updates option which tells me there are no new updates. The installer is setup to install the main executable, a few dlls and folders along with creating start menu and desktop shortcuts. The installer also has a serial that is required to install. Not sure if any of that is relevant or not.

Appreciate the help.