InstallForge Crashes

Here you will find some useful tutorials and resources for InstallForge created by community members.
kf6uzf

InstallForge crashes when trying to configure with a large fileset.
It also will corrupt the project file with between 25Mb and 72Mb of garbage data
OldNESJunkie

I have a similiar issue, though the file size doesn't increase by that much. When I open my project file, InstallForge just freezes and I have to end the task.

EDIT:

I did notice that the proj_licence.rtf file that it creates in the InstallForge directory does exponentially increase in seize for some reason, i let it sit for about 30 minutes with the program in 'Not Responding' before ending the task and that file size got up to 246MB in size. Don't know what happened as it was all working fine and just stopped.

EDIT EDIT:

Is anyone else using InstallForge on Windows 10? I wonder if that has anything to do with my issue. I have WIndows 10 Nov Update Version 1511 Build 10586.11
OldNESJunkie

OK,

I figured out for me at least I can do the following and it works OK.

In the InstallForge folder (for me, c:\program files (x86)\solicus\installforge) I created a file called proj_licence.rtf and made the file read only (Right click and check read-only) and now Install Forge opens without freezing up and I can edit/build, etc without issue. Hopefully this helps someone else and will help in getting the issue fixed.