ERROR: Could not initialize ResourceEdit library!

Here you will find some useful tutorials and resources for InstallForge created by community members.
Forum rules
Posting bugs here is discouraged. Please use our GitHub issue tracker instead: https://github.com/soner-boztas/installforge/issues

When posting a new bug report, please follow these guidelines: https://docs.installforge.net/contribut ... ing-a-bug/
Migo

Hi,

After update to 1.4.3.22 (x86) I got the error message: "ERROR: Could not initialize ResourceEdit library!"
My OS is Windows 11.

What can I do? With the previous version I never got this error message, as well as with the latest version running under a Windows 10 OS.

Many thanks!
Michael
markbell

I dont' have any issue here. How did you update InstallForge? By using the integrated updater or did you manually download the setup and run it?
InstallForge Power User
notoriousCMI

Hi.

I get the same message on my Windows 10 OS after update to 1.4.3.22. After installation I saw some messages from my virus scan. It is possible, that a .dll is missing?

Rg, Christian
notoriousCMI

I found out, that my virus scanner detect a mal/generic-s malware in reseditx86.dll from 1.4.3 release.
Migo

markbell wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 23:02 I dont' have any issue here. How did you update InstallForge? By using the integrated updater or did you manually download the setup and run it?
I used both: the updater and the setup... and now I found the error: It depends of my Bitdefender AntiVirus.
After deactivating (ohhh my goodness,,,,) Installforge works.

But what have I excluded from scan??? -> it's reseditx86.dll. But how and why??
notoriousCMI

notoriousCMI wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 13:22 I found out, that my virus scanner detect a mal/generic-s malware in reseditx86.dll from 1.4.3 release.
Please look at this.
Migo

notoriousCMI wrote: 29 Jun 2023, 08:23
notoriousCMI wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 13:22 I found out, that my virus scanner detect a mal/generic-s malware in reseditx86.dll from 1.4.3 release.
Please look at this.
Ok - but what to do? What do the Installforge programmers say?
Soner

The InstallForge application files do not contain any malware; this is a false-positive. reseditx86.dll is a DLL (dynamic link library) built using Microsoft Visual C++ which provides functionalities to alter application version information for executable files. For the next release of InstallForge, we are going to code-sign this DLL in order to increase the trust of AV solutions.
Best regards,
Soner Boztas, M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering

InstallForge on GitHub: https://github.com/soner-boztas/installforge
Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/soner-boztas-software-architect
Patrik

Same problem on my Windows 10. ESET Antivirus deleted reseditx86.dll.