Installing to D drive and running commands

You have trouble using InstallForge? Then this is the right place for you.
sunghoon.kim.my

Hi, Firstly I would like to thank the developer for this wonderful tool.
I have tried many different installlers in search of one that suits my requirement.

I need to install a program and then I will have some config files(json files) copied to userprofile folder.

Installation of program worked fine and I have a batch file run after the installation which archives existing config files and copy new ones.

The problem arose when I was trying to run a batch script(converted to exe) after installing the program to D drive.

The command I ran are:
MKDIR %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ProgName
COPY /Y "<InstallPath>\jsonfiles\config.json" "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ProgName"
cd "<InstallPath>\jsonfiles" & batchrun.exe

Above commands run separately and worked fine when the program was installed to C drive.
But when user decides to install on D drive, the {cd "<InstallPath>\jsonfiles" & batchrun.exe} line fails.
The command actually runs like this when I ran process monitor to track the activities.

Command line: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c cd "D:\Program Files (x86)\ProgName\jsonfiles" & batchrun.exe

The batchrun.exe will run "set installfolder=%cd%" to store the location of where the program was installed so it can go back and forth the %USERPROFILE% folder and <InstallPath> folder.

(The reason why I did this was because the pushd and popd did not work)

Looking at the command that is run, obviously there is no change of drive letter.
And I do not know how to run a command to say something like {cmd.exe /c D: & cd "D:\Program Files (x86)\ProgName\jsonfiles" & batchrun.exe}

As long as I can tell the batch script where the program is installed, I can workout a solution.
I must find a way to know the installation is against the D: and not C:, then run the D: or C: to change the drive letter.

Is there a way to store this installation path somewhere and call it from commandline? That would work as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kim
Soner

Hello,
you need to run cd with an optional parameter: /d (e.g. cd /d "D:\Myfolder")
This will make the command change the drive.
Best regards,
Soner Boztas, M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering

Add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/soner-boztas-engineer
sunghoon.kim.my

you need to run cd with an optional parameter: /d (e.g. cd /d "D:\Myfolder")
This will make the command change the drive.
Thanks! That did the trick.