Uninstaller not working correctly

You have trouble using InstallForge? Then this is the right place for you.
saim

Hi all,

I created a package installer & uninstaller for TestApp using the InstallForge App.
The TestApp installer worked correctly.
I found a bug in the uninstaller: In case an instance of the TestApp is opened and we uninstall it from the control panel, then instead of prompting to either close that instance or closing it automatically, InstallForge retains some files in the program files/ TestApp folder to keep that instance running.

How can I display a prompt to close that instance or just uninstall the entire TestApp such that no files remain in the Installation folder?

Please help!!!
BobbyFoster

saim wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 15:22 Hi all,

I created a package installer & uninstaller for TestApp using the InstallForge App.
The TestApp installer worked correctly.
I found a bug in the uninstaller: In case an instance of the TestApp is opened and we uninstall it from the control panel, then instead of prompting to either close that instance or closing it automatically, InstallForge retains some files in the program files/ TestApp folder to keep that instance running.

How can I display a prompt to close that instance or just uninstall the entire TestApp such that no files remain in the Installation folder?

Please help!!!
Graceful Exit: In your TestApp, implement a mechanism that detects if it's the last instance running. If it is, allow it to be gracefully closed during the uninstallation process.

Custom Uninstaller: Modify the uninstaller script generated by InstallForge to check for running instances of your TestApp before proceeding with the uninstallation. If an instance is detected, display a prompt to close it or automatically close it.

Terminate Processes: In the uninstaller script, you can use command-line tools or scripts to terminate any running instances of your TestApp before proceeding with the uninstallation. For example, you can use the taskkill command in Windows to forcefully terminate a process.